Friday, September 11, 2009

What's your fantasy?

Nope, this post is about Ludacris's song. I don't think that would be too appropriate.

Anyway, with the beginning of the NFL comes the beginning of fantasy football. For some reason I decided to play this year and not just one, but two leagues. It's weird because I'm not an avid football fan nor do I really like fantasy football. I'm not too sure what was going through my head.

I think it's because I've been getting more into fantasy sports and predictions this year. Whether it's betting on centsports.com, picking fights on MMAPlayground or making daily picks on ESPN.com's Streak for the Cash, I've been testing out my prognosticating (SAT word?) skills in sports more this year than I have probably ever.

I wonder what it is that makes fantasy sports and sports betting so appealing. Maybe because it adds some extra entertainment when we watch games? It doesn't really help us feel more a part of the game, at least not anymore than just being a fan in my opinion. Maybe it's an egotrip? Maybe we just like being right. I know I certainly do. It is nice to have some validation that you know something about sports.

I don't really know. As usual I'm just kind of throwing things out there. All I know is I've got some players to be rooting for on Saturday, Sunday, and Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment