Monday, September 14, 2009

Quick Kanye/Taylor thoughts

Just something I was thinking about when I heard about the Kanye West/Taylor Swift incident last night at the VMAs.

I used to like Kanye when he first came on to the scene but ever since then he's become more and more annoying. He's so arrogant and full of himself and generally carries himself like a douchebag most of the time. Of course last night was no different.

I'm bothered by what happened not so much because I don't think anyone should treat my future wife that way, but more because it's just going to be blown over with a couple all caps blogs and tweets by Kanye and an appearance on Leno.

What if things were a little different? What if say, Jason Mraz was presenting an award to Beyonce and pulled that? Wouldn't be see an outcry against his blatant racism? Wouldn't people like Al Sharpton, P. Diddy and Kanye be making a stink about how black people can't get any respect?

I fail to see the difference.

EDIT: I was remiss in not mentioning Beyonce's actions in the original post. How classy was she to invite Taylor Swift back on stage to have the moment she deserved.

And it was nice to see some celeb (well, arguably...) support for Swift on Twitter and otherwise:

NLiukinBeyonce & Taylor Swift......<3

LoBosworthWE LOOOOOVE TAYLOR SWIFT!!!!!!! Wow, kanye-manners? My goodness.

KevinDurant35wow taylor swift won over beyonce and lady gaga???? congrats to her!! buuuuut kanye trippinnnnnnn, that was disrespectful
KevinDurant35WOWWWW KANYE THAT WAS CRAAAAAAAAAZZY...RUINED HER LIL SPEECH
KevinDurant35Man he went a lil too far man..i feel sorry for Taylor Swift

katyperry
F*** U KANYE. IT'S LIKE U STEPPED 0N A KITTEN.

And Kelly Clarkson also had a long post about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment