Sunday, September 6, 2009

Gimmicks for the win

So I had Sonic tonight. For those of you that don't know, it's a drive-in fast food place where you can order from your car and the servers will rollerblade up with your order.

Now, the food there is pretty good and happy hour is a great deal for drinks. But I couldn't help but wonder if their sales would change without the drive-in service and without the rollerblading waiters.

How much do gimmicks make a difference? And what if something like say, Burger King had some crazy thing like a tv in every booth or something. I don't know, I'm just throwing things out there. I mean sometimes we like weird things. We like things that are different from the norm. How much does this affect our spending habits? That I would like to know, just for curiosity's sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment