Saturday, September 5, 2009

KD and SB

So I follow Kevin Durant on Twitter. Today he had a series of posts about Soulja Boy.

KevinDurant35Soulja boi is the worst rapper of all time..if u just sit there and listen 2 what he say then u will agree...im sorry

KevinDurant35Let me get this str8, i said soulja boy cant rap..i like his music, but he cant rap...i still listen 2 it

KevinDurant35on to the next subject...this gettin outta hand..lol..I RESPECT SOUJLA BOY HUSTLE AND YES HE IS GETTIN BETTER, YALL HAPPY NOW!

I actually completely agree. I think Soulja Boy really doesn't have much talent as a rapper and as a lyricist he's just...I mean you just have to listen to the words of any of his songs to see some of the gems he lays. The chorus of "YAH!" and any part of "Kiss You Through the Phone" stand out, and those are just his singles, the ones he deemed good enough for radio. I'm afraid to even see the lyrics of the other songs on his album.

But yeah, I still do listen to his songs. I think they're pretty catchy and kind of fun to listen to. Even though he can't rap. Is that weird? I kind of think it's the same thing with movies like Transformers. I know they're not good, but I'm still entertained anyway. Sometimes I wonder why, but usually I just sit back and enjoy it for what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment