Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Do Not Collect $200

This story is a couple days old but too funny not to post.

http://blogs.findlaw.com/legalgrounds/2009/07/go-directly-to-jail-man-arrested-for-monopoly-assault.html


Of course all the "Go directly to jail" puns are covered in that article so I'll spare you (except I'm still wondering if there's Free Parking at the prison...ha ha).

Still, that better have been a super high stakes game of Monopoly. I wonder if this guy ever took a moment to think, "Hey, I'm attacking a woman because of a board game. I might be going to jail for this. Oh well."

Who knows. The guy could have been bipolar or had some other kind of disorder. Not that that would excuse him entirely but it would at least be a better explanation than this guy was just dumb and took a board game way too seriously.

But I'm kind of leaning towards that. I mean he wanted both Boardwalk and Park Place from this lady. The dark blues aren't my favorite properties, but he better have been making a pretty darn good offer. Of course it's all situational, but for me it would probably take some combination of the reds, yellows, greens, and/or railroads, maybe along with some cash depending on the offer. I might be persuaded to take the oranges and purples, but only together and only as the equivalent of one of the aforementioned sets. But yeah, they don't get landed on incredibly often, but the sheer power of a built-on dark blue set is too much to give away for cheap.

But anyway yeah. Don't assault people over board games. The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment