Monday, February 6, 2012

The Bachelor Week 6 Power Rankings

A Word on the Departed

After seeing Jennifer (who I had at #3 at the time) get sent home, it's kind of nice that my bottom three all got the boot this week. But does it mean I view women the same way that Ben does? Not sure if that would be a good reflection on myself...

Really felt bad that Casey S got sent home (and not just because she was one of the prettiest girls there). I mean, I get that it's not really approved to go on the show while you're seeing someone back home, but it was pretty obvious that her feelings for that guy were very complicated and she was looking to move on. It also seems sort of wack that Ben, a guy who's on that show dating up to 30 women at a time, was upset that Casey still had unresolved feelings about one man. I understand that it's something he would have wanted to hear from her earlier, but is he telling all the girls there how he feels about everyone else? Didn't seem right, but on the other hand it didn't seem like she had a great shot at sticking around anyway.

Despite her uber-aggressive cougar ways, Blakeley the "VIP waitress" just didn't have what it took to keep Ben interested. Don't really know what else to say. She never got a one on one, which this late, is basically a ticket home (as shown by the girls who went home this week). I don't even know if it was really anything she or Rachel did or didn't do on the two on one date or if it was just the lack of chemistry between her and Ben, but if I had to guess, I'd go with the latter.

Well, looks like I was wrong about Jamie being just a nice, cute girl who needed a chance with Ben. Every interaction she had with him this week was super awkward. She started by talking with Ben about how she was kind of nervous or whatever about opening up, but the worst part was when she tried to be aggressive the night of the cocktail party. She (once again) opened with how she didn't really know how to express herself before deciding to straddle him and kiss him. I thought that was a little weird, but it was nothing compared to how she was basically directing him on how she wanted their kiss to go. In the words of someone who's in the know:

Talking about how to kiss??

Week 6 Power Rankings

1. Kacie B (no change)
If I could move her up I would, based purely on the fact that she got a second one on one date while some of the girls hadn't had one yet. Ben really likes her.

2. Courtney (no change)
I hate to say it, but it seems the effectiveness of her super aggressive game is wearing off a little. Ben seems to be growing more wary of her tactics, and I think she's going to have to bring something new to the table soon. Still, I couldn't move her down for two reasons. First, the girls below her still seem uninterested in trying to make a move (which befuddles me given that they're on a show that is essentially about winning a man), whether it's because of respect or because they'd crash and burn as bad as Jamie did. Second, if anyone honestly believes that good 'ol Ben Flajnik the winemaker isn't thinking about taking Courtney the model to the fantasy suite in a few episodes, then they don't know how guys work.

3. Lindzi (up 1 spot)
4. Nicki (down 1 spot)
Honestly there's so little we as viewers have to go by, and I don't even know if Ben has a great idea of how he feels about these girls. Flip flopping these two simply because Lindzi got the group date rose while Nicki didn't really seem to do anything to follow up on her one on one date last week. Still, I feel pretty good about these top four making it to hometowns in a week.

5. Emily (up 1 spot)
6. Rachel (down 1 spot)
Another minor flip flop here, and not because of Emily's prodigious rapping and joking skills. She toned down the Courtney hate and even apologized this week, though honestly that seemed a bit disingenuous to me. This move is mainly because I don't think Ben would have picked Rachel for the two on one date if he wasn't unsure about whether or not he wanted to keep her around. Although I could be misreading it and he brought her because he knew she was getting a rose and Blakeley was going home, but Ben doesn't strike me as a guy who would think like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment