Monday, February 20, 2012

The Bachelor Week 8 Power Rankings (aka Eff You Ben F)

A Word on the Departed

Sigh. I can't. It's too depressing.


(h/t faces of rejected bachelorettes)

Week 8 Power Rankings

1. Courtney (up 2 spots)
Ok. So she's been mean to the girls on the show. She's pretty obviously manipulating Ben (whether she has real feelings for him or not). And yet...she does have a connection with Ben and it's so clear, despite the fact that all of the girls hate her and apparently a bunch of unnamed sources from her real life do as well (though it might not all be true). Honestly I liked her date a lot better than the rest of the hometowns, and even with that silly exercise of the fake wedding, it does look like Ben's taking their relationship very seriously. I'm not quite sure how, given the fact that none of the girls like her (which would be a huge red flag to me, just saying) and how she keeps playing the "I'm not sure you're into me" game when the rest of the girls are basically throwing themselves at him, but yeah, he really treats her unlike any of the other girls. I don't know, I really would rather there not be the whole farce of looking for true love when it's pretty obvious that that's not what Ben is looking for at all. Whatever. They deserve each other. I'm sure they'll be a hit at Bachelor reunions.

2. Lindzi (no change)
I'll be honest, she's kind of boring to me. She wears a lot of makeup, and, as I said last week, she seems pretty normal. But she kind of seems like the girl Ben would just be friends with at this point. Although her family must be loaded. Who races horse-drawn carriages as a hobby?

3. Nicki (up 1 spot)
Personally, having been divorced at 26 (or however old she is) would still have been a huge red flag to me. I don't really know why Ben's keeping her around, I guess just by default? She seems bright and bubbly and totally oblivious to the fact that Ben's way more into the other girls.





For real though. WTF was Ben thinking tonight? Kacie was the sweetest, cutest girl there and he just dumps her like that? All that anger and sadness she showed in her exit limo was totally justified in my opinion. They seemed really cute together and honestly there really didn't seem to be much wrong with her (you know, relatively speaking) other than her slight psycho tendencies. It looked like Ben sent her home because of her parents, because somehow it's just so odd that her mom didn't want them living together before they got married and her dad wasn't ready to give his daughter away to someone she'd known for 8 weeks (the nerve!). On Ashley's season of the Bachelorette, I liked Ben a lot. He was pretty chill and always easygoing and fun. But I gotta say, I really lost respect for him this season, and I really can't wait to see what goes down on the Women Tell All and After the Final Rose eps. Don't be sad Kacie, you can do better. Unless you become the next Bachelorette, in which case you deserve what you get.

No comments:

Post a Comment