Tuesday, January 31, 2012

The Bachelor Week 5 Power Rankings

A (brief) Word on the Departed

Never really hid the fact that I didn't like Elyse and I can't say I'll miss her much. I personally thought it was weird how she talked about how she had done everything she wanted to do as a single girl already (at the ripe old age of 24) and now just really wanted to get married and start a family. I think Ben saw the same thing as well. The fact that Elyse couldn't recognize how far behind she was on some of the othe girls and was so upfront about expressing her desire to get hitched and have kids and all that (presumably with Ben) even though she's only been on one group date makes me sort of question her outlook on relationships. Although again, she is 24 and something about her just reminds me of Snooki.

As far as Jennifer goes...wow, did not see that coming. Still not quite sure what Ben was thinking. Something must have happened that we didn't see, because they just had a one on one last week. It would seem kind of strange to me that he liked her enough to give her a rose after that date but then all of a sudden send her home the next week. That's going to shake up the rankings for sure. But hey, at least I wasn't the only one surprised.

Major upset on the ! How could this happen?! I'm so confused.
Aww JP and I are so sad about Jennifer! Shocked! :-0

Week 5 Power Rankings

1. Kacie B (no change)
Same ol' sweet Kacie B, but she got to show off some of her competitive side on the group baseball date/competition. I'm assuming she has some athletic ability, since Courtney picked her to be on her team (first, no less), unless there are some weird mind games going on there. I thought it was a good sign that she got the rose on the group date. She didn't seem to be acting super desperate or anything in an effort to get it, so the fact that Ben just gave it to her says a lot. The only reason I thought about moving her down is that I'm not positive she'll be able to handle the pressure as girls keep getting eliminated and Courtney turns her attention towards her. But we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

2. Courtney (no change)
Still my favorite to watch. Even though I have her ranked second, she still very obviously has more control than any of the other contestants, if only because she's the only one interested in playing that game. I find her little put-downs of the other girls amusing not because I'm a mean-spirited person (...okay, not just because I'm mean-spirited), but because I find them to be very accurate most of the time. But she's now starting to see Kacie as a legitimate threat, and pulling Ben out for a late night skinny dip is an indication of that. To me that's definitely a move out of desperation. You really wouldn't do that unless you needed to change the status quo. I'm not quite sure how well that worked, as Ben seemed to feel kind of bad about it afterwards.

3. Nicki (up 2 spots)
Had to move her up. Maybe it's because I'm new to the show, but I think I tend to overrate one on one dates. However, they looked very comfortable and, despite my hatred for all the contrived metaphors, the fact that they're date didn't get completely ruined by the rain is a good sign I think.
Quick sidenote: Ben said it was "raining gatos." Um, isn't the correct idiom in English "raining cats and dogs"? So why did he just say it was "raining cats"? Silly winemaker...
Anyways, cool date. They were able to enjoy each other's company even though it didn't go as planned. More importantly Ben didn't hesitate in bringing up her married/divorced past, which makes me think he is wanting to make an effort to get past that. Regardless he's handling that whole thing a lot better than I would.

4. Lindzi (no change)
Ben guaranteed her a spot in the second half of the group date by putting her on both baseball teams. Ali thinks it's a positive thing, and for the most part I guess I do too. The only thing is Ben has also given some dates to girls he's not sure about (or so he says) and I wonder if that was the case here. But either way he wanted to spend more time with her, and that's never a bad thing.

5. Rachel (up 2 spots)
6. Emily (no change)
Flip-flop here because of Emily's insistence to keep bringing up Courtney. Tonight was even more bizarre since she started the conversation apologizing for doing so last week and ended the conversation by doing it again. I don't understand. Also, apparently some of her sorority sisters have come out and said she was a fan of the Bachelor and is only going on the show to get her name and face out there? And to that I say...there is nothing wrong with that.

7. Casey S (up 1 spot)
8. Jamie (up 2 spots)
This is probably wishful thinking on my part. Could it be that they've had some meaningful time together that just hasn't been shown? Possible, but probably doubtful. But there has to be some reason that Ben's keeping them around...right?

9. Blakeley (no change)
Sorry, despite her opening up to Ben during the cocktail party, I just don't see this as being a fit at all. Her tears and frustration at baseball and afterwards seemed more like desperation than heartbreak. While she's had more (on-camera) interactions with Ben, does that really put her ahead of the two (younger, more attractive, less stripperish [Google search at your own caution]) girls in front of her on these rankings?

No comments:

Post a Comment