Friday, February 26, 2010

No Se

I went to the Suns/Clippers game tonight. And it was fun.

You know that feeling when you get a song randomly stuck in your head and you don't know why? Or when you start liking a song you used to not like all of a sudden and it seems so random?

That's kind of how I feel about Rasual Butler. I don't know why I like this new Clipper, but I do. He's a solid guy, not great, not a star but good. Apparently not good enough to have his jersey sold though. A pretty typical "D and 3s" guy, I just like watching him play. Maybe it's just because I think his name is cool/funny and like to yell it when he shoots.


Rasuuuuual!

Anyway, the topic of what exactly a "clipper" is came up (by the way were those quotes necessary? I wasn't sure). I kind of just threw out a guess that it was a small ship of some sort. It seemed to make sense and I thought I remembered hearing or reading that somewhere.

Well if anyone out there is curious: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clipper

Or the short version: "A clipper was a very fast sailing ship of the 19th century that had multiple masts and a square rig. They were generally narrow for their length, could carry limited bulk freight, small by later 19th century standards, and had a large total sail area."

What can I say, I'm a good guesser. I really do attribute much of my success in school to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment