Friday, February 19, 2010

Fantasy sports

As to not miss my blogs again, I'm just going to throw up something random.

This year I started playing fantasy sports again. This is something I haven't really done since probably middle school. And even back then I wasn't really playing so much as randomly autopicking a team and going with it for a season.

It's funny what it does to my sports watching experience. In both football and basketball I'd find myself yelling at the tv at guys I had no right knowing and/or caring about. Please Ryan Moats, just gain 10 more yards. Please Damien Wilkins, one more three pointer (but some steals would be nice too).

It totally changes the watching experience. It's also confusing when one of your players, especially a key one, is playing a team you like. Of course loyalty to your team comes first, but I'm not going to lie, at times I feel like I have more of a stake in my fantasy team, something I drafted and built up on my own.

Things can get heated, and of course it's all in good fun. If you like sports, or even if you don't but maybe have a thing for number crunching and/or stats, I'd definitely encourage you to try it out.

One more post for today. Coming up shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment