Monday, April 5, 2010

Another Random Thought...

...which is considerably different from the first.

I remember reading a verse I liked during my QTs this afternoon but I couldn't remember exactly what it was. I'm going to look it up right now and type it.

~finding time~

Ok so it was in Acts 4, but Peter and John quoted it from Psalms so I'm just going to write that verse.

Psalm 2:1-2
Why do the nations conspire
and the peoples plot in vain?
The kings of the earth take their stand
and the rulers gather together
against the LORD
and against his Anointed One.


It can kind of be discouraging being a believer in today's times. Morals are thrown out the window and people just generally do what they want. Sometimes it seems like everyone is just ignoring and rejecting any semblance of meaning for whatever feels good or what the hot new trend is.
And yet, this Psalm was written way back in the day in King David's time. Then it came to fruition years and years later in Jesus' (<-- there's a grammar lesson to be had but that's neither here nor there) time. That the world rejects God's salvation is not some new issue that our generation is stuck with, but something that's been going on for a long, long time. Realizing this reminded me that there is a real sense of urgency to advance the Gospel instead of just sitting and waiting for who knows what.

No comments:

Post a Comment