Thursday, March 4, 2010

The Wack-10

With the Pac-10 men's basketball season coming to a close, it's sort of depressing how far the conference has fallen. We were so good last year, yet so incredibly lackluster this year.

I admit I haven't really been following it much, and I won't pretend it's not because of the subpar play overall.

But I guess it's to be expected with so many guys going to the NBA and it's nice to see most of them getting playing time and making contributions throughout the year. As hyped as rookies like Tyreke Evans and Stephen Curry are (for good reason of course), let's not forget the Pac-10 pumped out James Harden, DeMar DeRozan, Taj Gibson, Jrue Holliday, Darren Collison, Jeff Pendergraph and probably a couple guys I'm forgetting.

But as nice as it is to see those guys succeed, their loss has nearly crippled the conference. Oh well, there's always next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment