Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Report: Tiger at home, getting into golf shape

Story

That was a headline I saw on ESPN.com's frontpage recently.

I know I've said what I thought about the whole Tiger thing but this blurb was amusing to me for a couple reasons.

The first is that it talks about Tiger coming out of therapy like it's some big deal and he's going to have to make a significant adjustment back to his normal routine or whatever. That may be the case, but I'm guessing it would have more to do with the fact that he cheated on his wife than his return from therapy.

Let's not forget he didn't go get counseling for substance abuse or mental problems. The guy went to get help because he likes to have sex. A lot. Supposedly to an extent that is more than what would be normal or expected. In any case, it's very different than someone coming home after receiving therapy for chronic alcoholism or suicidal thoughts or something. So there was that.

The second thing I found amusing was the part in the headline that mentioned him getting back into "golf shape." Of course pro golfers in general are very skilled and work very hard to hone their game, so I'm not trying to rag on them at all. But it was just funny to me because not too long ago, this is what one version of "golf shape" looked like:

No comments:

Post a Comment