Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Let God Surprise You

Just something I took from one of the first seminars. I didn't really think much about that statement when the lady said it but over the past couple days I have noticed some little things that have made me kind of happy or amused or surprisingly blessed.

- The post title is sort of a surprise. I actually didn't think I learned very much from that seminar initially but it's turned out to be pretty applicable and somewhat of a recurring theme.

- I met this one girl on Monday and she was pretty cool so we got to hang out and talk and stuff. I was actually kind of disappointed I didn't get to meet more people but the next day I actually ran into her again and got to talk a little more. It was just neat to run into the one person I met in a 17,000 person conference.

- I've kind of been thinking about worship. Large scale bands aren't really something I'm into and I was kind of wondering why it's always the big, extravagant styles that get celebrated. This morning one of the Asian singers led worship and it was a lot more low key and more what I like and am used to. That was a really nice blessing to start off the morning.

- I was looking through some of the notes I took from Tuesday night's message from Oscar Muriu, which was really sweet, and I came across one that made me laugh when I wrote it and reading it again: "God did not send Jesus as a king on CNN or as Will Smith from Independence Day."

- I was browsing the booths in the Global Connexions exhibit where a bunch of missions organizations were set up and I met a couple of my sister's coworkers. I guess that's not really too surprising, but it was kind of neat to talk to one of the girls who my sister talked to at a previous Urbana now working for the same org.

- This whole conference so far has been a surprise too. It's simultaneously been so different than what I expected and also exceeded any expectations I might have had. Which of course is always nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment