Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Worst Door in the World

I'll be honest, I did almost forget to make a blog post today, which would have been an epic fail one day after I said I would update every day.

Luckily for me, I remembered now and I'm not on Eastern Standard time so it's all good.

Anyway there's something that's been bothering me for a while and it's this door I walk through almost every day to go to work. Specifically it's the door on the west side of the GO1 building at Southern California Edison's Rosemead location.

Like most entry points there, you have to swipe your ID card to get in. That's all well and good -- except that this particular entryway is a revolving door. Realistically you can only have one, maybe two at most, people go through at the same time.

I guess it somewhat makes sense since it's not the most used entry point, although maybe that's because of how impractical it is to have a revolving door where you have to swipe through.

I didn't really think much of it until today returning from lunch when we had about 5 people trying to get either in or out of the door. That's the other main problem with it. Not only can you not have multiple people go through, you really can't have more than one direction of movement. If someone's going in, no one can really try to get out lest they get stuck in the door and vice versa.

It's kind of surprising that that door is still there. I've never heard anyone talk about it and it's really not cost effective just to replace that one door. But that doesn't stop me from complaining about it.

Especially when I'm already struggling to hit my one post a day quota.

No comments:

Post a Comment