Monday, December 27, 2010

Mish Mash

I've had a lot of time this break to just chill and read and listen to music and whatnot. Over the past couple days, I've pretty much only been listening to two things. The first is a Taylor Swift playlist because...well, I don't really have a good explanation for that. Her music's good okay? And the other is Rick Ross's new mixtape Ashes to Ashes. I've really been enjoying both, even though (maybe because?) they're entirely different.

Sometimes I can't really explain why I like certain music (which maybe I shouldn't admit since I spent a semester in college writing album reviews for the school paper), but I guess that's kind of the nature of art and other subjective media. To me, one of the most fascinating aspects of music is mashup tracks. Again, I can't explain why I like some and not others, why some just seem to work well even when it's just two tracks thrown together and others just don't even if the creator has taken time to change the pace of the vocals and alter the instrumental.

Anyway, like I said, I've had a lot of time to just chill, so I looked up some Taylor Swift mashups, and again, I don't have a good explanation for this. I just thought it would be interesting to see what comes up. Here are some.

Of course, have to start with a Ross/Swift mashup. Hustlin vs. You Belong with Me

Here's one I've been listening to a while, an Usher/Taylor Swift mix, "Club Love" or as I like to say, "Love Story in this Club."

Black and Yellow's been stuck in my head for a while, so it makes sense that I'd look up a Wiz Khalifa/Taylor Swift mashup. "Mean Planes and Taylor Gangs" putting together This Plane and Mean.

And gotta represent two white people of course. Eminem/Taylor Swift, Stan over You're Not Sorry.

Anyway yeah. Pretty super random, but thought maybe someone out there would enjoy these as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment