Tuesday, May 25, 2010

The Badge Story

So I started my internship with Motorola last week.

One of the first things I had to do was get a badge so I could get into the campus and buildings and walk around looking all official. While I was waiting to take my picture, I noticed the photographer didn't instruct the people to smile or not. I've had it both ways so I guess this was sort of nice.

For some reason I got it in my head that I should just not smile and stare at the camera. Well actually that's not true. I got it from this video. Anyway yeah I thought it would be funny because it's really not me. At all.

But for whatever reason when it was my turn, I couldn't do it. I think it's because next to the camera they had a picture of a gorilla telling you to smile. I have to admit, it was pretty funny. So my attempt to mean mug failed and so I ended up with some silly looking smile.

Luckily the guy let me retake it, and I stared at the camera best I could. Afterwards, the guy straight up said, "So you're going for the hard Asian look huh?"

It was pretty epic fail, but that somehow makes it funnier. He then told me just to say that he had pissed me off during the picture. But whatever the case, it's done, and now when I walk around with that badge clipped on, people know I mean business. Or something like that.


No comments:

Post a Comment